WT Howard Funerals was established in 1922 by William Thomas Howard and serviced a large area from Bulahdelah to Port Macquarie and inland to Gloucester. The business began its operations at 5 Flett Street, Taree, where it is still operating today. In the early days, horse-drawn funeral carriages were used. Mr Howard then introduced the first motorised hearse to the district; this was a T Model Ford, which he modified himself.
Ownership of WT Howard Funerals remained in the Howard family right through to 2000 when the Coulter family purchased the business. Terry and Elaine Miller moved to Taree in 2005, and purchased WT Howard Funerals and continued to maintain the tradition of being a proudly independent and family-owned business. We’ve provided exceptional service to the families of the Manning and Great Lakes areas for over 90 years whilst members of the Howard family continue to work within the business to this day.